Puerto Rico in Spanish stands for Rich Port. The official name of Puerto Rico is Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States of America, located in the northeast Carribean Sea, approximately 1000 miles southeast of Miami, Florida.
1. Old San Juan: The area dates back to 16th to 17th centuries, the neighbourhood is packed with vibrant colours, Spanish colonial architecture and tree-lined plazas. The narrow cobblestone street is the home to many restaurants, bars and outdoor cafes.
2. Mosquito Bay: Located on Vieques, a small island off Puerto Rico's eastern coast. Mosquito Bay also called as Cano Honda glows blue, because of microscopic bioluminescent critters. Mosquito Bay is the brightest among, other bioluminescent bays like Laguna Grande and La Parguera. Visitors can also experience best kayaking or boating expeditions to the Mosquito Bay.
3. Vieques: An island of unspoiled beauty, home to Vieques National Wildlife Refuge, a former United States Navy Base and also home to some of the best beaches in the Carribean. The island is inhabited with wild horses and sea turtles.
4. The Pork Highway: The greatest cultural experience of all time and the most delicious one as well. On highway 184, outside the town of Guavate lies the pork highway called ‘ La Ruta del Lechon'. The 3-mile stretch of the highway is covered with restaurants that specialize in cooking the whole slow-roasted pig.
5. The Town of Ponce: The second-largest city in Puerto Rico often referred to as ‘The Jewel of the South'. The city is home to nine museums and the best ones of the lot are Museum of Puerto Rico Music, Hacienda Buena Vista ( Puerto Rico Coffee Trade). The Town of Ponce is internationally recognised for Art Nouveau Architecture. The most incredible building is Parque de Bombas.
6. Playa Flamenco: Located on Isla Culebra that is 17 miles east of Puerto Rico, the beach of Playa Flamenco is a paradise with white sand, clear blue water that makes is one of the sorts of destination for snorkelling. Its just a ferry ride or a flight away from the main island.
7. Coffee Plantations: The must-visit for coffee lovers, the island is known for growing some of the world-renowned coffee beans. The best places are Sandra farms that specialize in growing sustainably-grown beans and it is located near the town of Adjuntas.
8. The Rio Camuy Cave Park: The third-largest cave network in the world, the Rio Camuy cave offers ten-story-high caverns, sparkling waterfalls, lush green cliffs and millions of sleeping bats. The cave is about a twenty-minute drive from San Juan and is open to all age groups.
9. Rincon: The surf town of Puerto Rico. Rincon offers beautiful beaches, that are the best surfing beaches in the Carribean and best sunsets. You can also witness humpback whales and enjoy authentic Puerto Rican culture.
10. Santurce: Located at the centre of San Juan's incredible music and art scenes. Santurce offers an absolute hipster's paradise. You have a newly gentrifying neighbourhood with murals, bars and cafes. The visitors have an opportunity to ‘ hang out with the cool kids'. Santurce is also the centre of San Juan's Jewish population.
11. La Placita de Santurce: Located at the heart of San Juan's up-coming neighbourhood, La Placita is a part farmers' market, part food hall and also the centre for nightlife. The area transforms into a hive of outdoor bars and food stalls with live music and dancing scene, that lasts till late in the night.
12. El Yunque: A rainforest, home to over thousands of species of flora and fauna. The rainforest offers treetop walkway, miles of trails and camping options to boot.
Best time to visit Puerto Rico: The best time to visit Puerto Rico is from mid-April to June, before busy winters and rainy summer.
Luis Munoz Marin International Airport
- Country/State: United States of America / Puerto Rico
- Population: 32 lakhs.
- Currency: United States Dollars.
- Language: Spanish and English.
Disclaimer : flightbookings.us is a carrier ticket catalog that incorporates connections to the two travelers and providers. This guarantees that we have no recognizing highlights and that we reserve travel spot as basic as could really be expected. We will help and educate you in the process regarding choosing the best can foresee your visit, yet we won't be considered responsible in the event that there is an imperfection in the administrations presented by the specialist organization. We are not liable for any blunders, deceptions, or exclusions on any of the Internet pages or connections to different sites accessible at www.flightbookings.us.